Events Calendar: November 15-22

Kiley Woods, Staff Writer

Looking for something to do this week? The Seahawk has rounded up events at UNCW and in the Wilmington community so you can start making plans.

Monday, Nov. 15

UNCW Senior’s Art Exhibition

This event showcases the work of 14 seniors. The event begins at 10 a.m.

Cinematique Film Series: “I’m Your Man”

Thalian Hall in downtown Wilmington, NC, presents a screening of the German movie “I’m Your Man.” To obtain research funds for her studies, a scientist accepts an offer to participate in an extraordinary experiment. The film begins at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $9.63.

Tuesday, Nov. 16

Study Abroad Weekly Information Session

Go learn about all the study abroad opportunities UNCW has to offer. Travel to places such as Italy, Japan, Greece, Australia, or anywhere else you would like to go. The event begins at 3:30.

Cozy November Teal Tuesday

ACE presents the last teal Tuesday of the semester with mug decorating, hot chocolate and apple cider packets in the amphitheater at 11:30 a.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 17

ACE Finish the Lyric

Join ACE for a Finish the Lyric event and see how many songs you know by heart. This event takes place online at 7 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 18

UNCW Men’s Basketball

The Men’s Basketball team plays Coastal Carolina at Trask Coliseum at 7 p.m.

The Fire of Freedom: The Story of Abraham Galloway

Thalian Hall in downtown Wilmington, NC, presents “The Fire of Freedom: The Story of Abraham Galloway,” is about a slave rebellion and one of the most well-known black spies during the civil war. The event begins at 7:30 p.m. and the price for admission is $45.

Friday, Nov. 19

Autumn Gatherings: Flower Show

The New Hanover Garden Club presents a flower show at the Blockade Runner at Wrightsville Beach. The event begins at 1 p.m. and there is no cost for admission.

UNCW Jazz Ensemble

Appearing at Beckwith Recital Hall, the UNCW Jazz Ensemble (Big Band) is directed by Frank Bongiorno and performs a variety of jazz music from swing to mainstream jazz. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. and admission costs $10.

Saturday, Nov. 20

German Christmas Market

The German Christmas Market is held at St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church in Wilmington, NC, features live music by the Harbour Towne Fest Band, German food and beverages, gifts and crafts from local vendors. The market opens at 10 a.m. and admission costs $3.

Sunday, Nov. 21

Holiday Dance Festival

Located at Kenan Auditorium features performances of favorite Christmas songs, selections from Handel’s “Messiah” and the classic, “Land of the Sweets,” from the Nutcracker Ballet performed by Wilmington Conservatory of Fine Arts. The event begins at 4 p.m.

Wilmington Symphony Orchestra

This event features music from composers Beethoven and Brahms. Featuring Beethoven’s Violin Concerto in honor of his 250th birthday with violinist Molly Hines. Johannes Brahms’ Serenade No. 2 opens the program. The event begins at 6 p.m.

Monday, Nov. 22

Cinematique Film Series: “Spencer”

Thailan Hall presents a screening of “Spencer,” a film that follows Princess Diana (Kristen Stewart) at a Christmas gathering after her marriage to Prince Charles has taken a turn for the worse. The showing begins at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $9.63.