Events Calendar: October 26 – November 1

Kiley Woods, Staff Writer

Looking for something to do this week? The Seahawk has rounded up events at UNCW and in the Wilmington community so you can start making plans.

Tuesday, Oct. 26 

Classic Movie: Alfred Hitchcock Psycho 

Thailan Hall in downtown Wilmington presents a screening of this classic horror film. Tickets cost $11.77 and the film begins at 7 p.m.  

Wednesday, Oct. 27 

Sherman Lecture Series: The Afterlife of Secrets  

The Sherman Emerging Scholar Lecture features an online talk by Dr. Anne Kerth, who explores the Denmark Vesey Conspiracy in Charleston, SC. The talk is free and is on zoom at 7:30 p.m.  

Thursday, Oct. 28 

Eagle Island Kayak Trip  

Halyburton Park in Wilmington, NC, presents an Eagle Island Kayak Trip for ages 16+. Participants will explore some of the creeks and canals located in the 3,100 acres of Eagle Island. Tickets cost $45 and the trip begins at 10 a.m.

Saturday, Oct. 30 

Poetry Reading by Helen Mirkil  

Art in Bloom Gallery in downtown Wilmington presents a Poetry Reading by Artist & Poet Helen Mirkil. This is a free reading and the event begins at 2 p.m.  

Sunday, Oct. 31 

UNCW’s OctubaFest  

The UNCW OctubaFest takes place at Beckwith Recital Hall on the campus of UNCW and features music of the season. Tickets cost $10 and the music begins at 4 p.m.  

Monday, Nov. 1 

UNCW Jazz Combos  

Performing at Kenan Auditorium in Wilmington, the UNCW jazz combos have been invited to perform at jazz festivals throughout the world. Admission costs $10 and music begins at 7:30 p.m.