Events Calendar: September 21-26

Kiley Woods, Contributing Writer

Looking for something to do this week? The Seahawk has rounded up events at UNCW and in the Wilmington community so you can start making plans.

Tuesday, Sept. 21

Black Table Talk: Open Forum

The Upperman Center at UNCW presents Black Table Talk. This is a mental health series to talk about anything and everything relating to life. The event takes place on Zoom at 12:00 p.m.

Unity Wheel at UNCW

Located on the Clock Tower Lawn, this art project cultivates unity among students and promotes student connections. A celebration of many people’s identities and what connections they may share with other students. The event begins at 11:30 a.m.

Lecture: What Happened to the Lost Colony

UNCW professor David La Vere will speak at the Bellamy Mansion in downtown Wilmington about the lost colony in Roanoke. The lecture starts at 6:30 p.m.

Classic Movie: Alfred Hitchcock’s “Notorious”

Starring Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman, “Notorious” (1946) tells the story of spies who have to infiltrate a group of Nazis in South America. Showtimes are at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. and admission costs $11.77.

Wednesday, Sept. 22

Virtual Career & Internship Fair

Meet with local, regional and national business owners looking to hire college students and assist them in their job of choice. The event begins at 5 p.m.

Concert: Band of Horses

American rock band “Band of Horses” will play at the Greenfield Lake Amphitheatre. They are known for their songs “The Funeral,” “No One’s Gonna Love You” and “Is There A Ghost.” The concert is at 6 p.m. and tickets cost $33+.

Dead Crow Improv Show

The Dead Crow Comedy Room in downtown Wilmington presents an improv show. With the whole show taken from audience suggestions, people can come to be a part of this show and get their ideas put into scenes, songs and skits. The show begins at 8 p.m. and admission costs $5.

Thursday, September, 23

Opening Night: A Taste of Honey

The UNCW theatre department presents their first Mainstage production, A Taste of Honey. Located in post-war Britain, this show highlights a mother-daughter duo and how their lives are influenced by the changes in society. The show begins at 8 p.m. on the Mainstage Theatre in the Cultural Arts Building.

UNCW Red Cross Blood Drive

UNCW hosts a blood drive for the American Red Cross in Kenan Auditorium.

Destress & Digest Yoga

Come relax and find your balance at this yoga event hosted by Black Women’s Association.

ACE and Centro Hispano Present: In The Heights Drive-in Movie

ACE and Centro Hispano are showing “In The Heights”,  the movie musical celebrating the culture and people of Washington Heights based on Lin Manuel Miranda’s musical. The film will be shown in the Kenan Parking lot beginning at 7:30 p.m. Register here.

Carolina Beach Boardwalk Blast

The Carolina Beach Boardwalk presents music by Big Bump & The Stun Gunz. Enjoy a night of family-friendly music by the sea. Music begins at 6:30 p.m. and there is no cost for admission.

Friday, Sept. 24

ACE Films: Judas and the Black Messiah

ACE will be showing “Judas and the Black Messiah” in Lumina Theater located in Fisher Student Center. The film begins at 8 p.m.

UNCWeekends Midnight Bowling

Join UNCWeekends at Cardinal Lanes at midnight for 2 hours of unlimited bowling for $5.

Saturday, Sept. 25

ACE Films: Tenet

Join ACE films for a showing of “Tenet” (2020) in Lumina Theater. The film begins at 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 26

Wibit Obstacle Course – UNCW

Wibit is a water-based inflatable obstacle course located in the Student Rec Center pool. The course begins at 6:00 p.m.

Dive to Divest – UNCW

350 UNCW presents Dive to Divest from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Capt’n Bill’s Backyard Grill for beach volleyball. All proceeds will go to 350 UNCW.