• Biden-Harris administration hosts roundtable to discuss the experiences of two womens pregnancies post the overturn of Roe v. Wade in 2022 (Courtesy of the Biden Campaign).

News

Biden Campaign sits down with student journalists to discuss abortion rights

• Randall Library is under construction as UNCW works to expand the building and resources it offers. (Peyton Lewis/The Seahawk)

News

UNCW invests in new expansion to Randall Library

• People walk with You belong signs at a Pride month protest. (Adiden Craver/Unsplash.com)

Culture

Community, isolation and politics: The mental health of queer students at UNCW

• Group shot of SWE. (Courtesy: Tyler Stubbs)

News

Dredging on Wrightsville Beach coming to a close

• Signs for primary candidates posted outside of an early voting site. (Jackson Davenport/The Seahawk)

News

The New Hanover County candidates on your general election ballot

• Smoke rises from Village Green, as seen from the Central Deck parking garage. (Amelia McNeese/The Seahawk)

News

Fire at Green Village Apartments displaces residents and students

• caption

News

Ann Marie Pierce: Wilmington local who took her love of running all the way to the Olympic Trials

•  Protestors oppose tolls at the WMPO Board Meeting. (Jackson Davenport/The Seahawk)

News

Wilmington locals outraged at Cape Fear Memorial Bridge toll meeting

• Maides Cemetery sign from the Historic Wilmington Foundation. (Sarah Carter/The Seahawk)

News

Ground Penetrating Radar used at Maides Cemetery to locate unmarked graves

• Platos Lofts at Randall sign. (Grace Lanham/The Seahawk)

News

UNCW to lease off-campus apartments to accommodate increasing acceptance rates

UNCW men’s soccer takes down Campbell on Alumni Weekend

UNCW men’s soccer takes down Campbell on Alumni Weekend. (Sarah Cooper/The Seahawk)

The UNCW men’s soccer team played against the Campbell Camels on Saturday, Sept. 23rd at Wilmington. Coming  into the game, UNCW’s record was 4-2-2 (0-1-1) and Campbell’s was 1-1-4 (0-1-2).

UNCW Sophomore Ethan Newsome scored the first goal of the game for either team, with a header in the third minute of the game. This early goal pushed the momentum in the Seahawks’ favor, as Pep Casas recorded his first goal of the season for UNCW shortly after in the 23rd minute.  After Casas, it was UNCW’s Omar Aboutaleb scoring the third goal of the game for the Seahawks. To finish, yet again it was the Seahawks scoring, pushing their lead to four to zero. Gabe Mercer scored the fourth goal of the game for the team, pushing his season total to a team leading four goals so far. Goalkeeper Jacob Randolph recorded his fourth shutout in his last six matches.

The next game is October 7th against William and Mary at home.