UNCW Study Abroad Interest Fair to be held Nov. 6

Caitlyn Dark

Seahawk News Editor Caitlyn Dark poses in front of Casa Rosada in Buenos Aires, Argentina, while on a study abroad trip in May 2019.

Kassie Bild, Staff Writer

UNC Wilmington will be hosting a Study Abroad Fair on Nov. 6 at the Burney Center, starting at 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Those who are interested in studying abroad are encouraged to attend.

Lots of information will be available about studying abroad, with details about the many different programs available and student ambassadors who have already had a first-hand experience.

The Financial Aid Office will be there to discuss different ways of payment. There will be a specific table set up for financial aid that will be able to discuss financing study abroad for any student. There are multiple ways to pay for a study abroad trip, and they will do their best to find a way that will be best for you.

Currently available study abroad programs are listed on the study abroad website and most of programs will be represented at the fair. They will have their own tables, so every student can individually talk to each program. These programs will be available for the upcoming Spring 2020 semester and next Fall semester.

If committing to a year abroad sounds daunting, do not panic as there are shorter options available! Trips can range anywhere from two weeks to two years. Some programs even split a degree, with two years at UNC Wilmington and two years abroad. Or, if you want to go somewhere during spring break, there are shorter trips available for those times.

And if traveling abroad is not enough of a lure, the Study Abroad Office is hosting a raffle for a $500 travel voucher to use on a study abroad trip! Currently, the tickets can be found scattered around campus and will be turned in on the day of the fair.

Leaving the country may sound intimidating, but college is a new time for new experiences. So come out and explore what the world has to offer!