Getting to know the 2019 UNCW Homecoming Court

Photograph by Julia Singer, The Association of Campus Entertainment (ACE)

The University of North Carolina at Wilmington’s 2019 Homecoming Court.

Hannah Bonet and Karina Zelaya-Trejo

Here are the 10 homecoming court candidates for ACE 2019 Homecoming Week at UNCW.

Homecoming Queen Candidates

Lauren Deane

Lauren Deane is a Senior double majoring in Spanish and Criminology at UNCW. She was nominated by Reformed University Fellowship (RUF).  Lauren believes you should vote for her because she loves UNCW, believes she’s grown as a person by going to school here, and wants to be a representative for the university.

Kara Goodson

Kara Goodson is a Senior majoring in Communication. She was nominated by Alpha Xi Delta. Kara loves UNCW with all of her heart and she believes she should win because she can make a Seahawk noise.

Abigail Martin

Abby Martin is a Senior majoring in Communication. She was nominated by the Resident Hall Association. Abby thinks students should vote for her because her heart is to speak for the lost and lonely. She wants everyone to believe UNCW is the university and family for them. Abby wants to give back to the school that gave her so much.

Helen Rogalski

Helen Rogalski is a Senior double majoring in International Studies and Political Science. She was nominated by The Seahawk. Helen is really excited that she made it this far in being nominated for homecoming court. She sees this as another opportunity to help students at UNCW.

Kylie Wright

Kylie Wright is a Senior double majoring in Biology and Philosophy. She was nominated by the Student Ambassadors. When asked why UNCW should vote for her, she responded with, ” I think y’all should vote for me because I have worked the past four years to provide a welcoming and empowering environment in every job and organization on campus!”

Homecoming King Candidates

Jonathan Bailey

Jon Bailey is a Junior majoring in Market Strategy. He was nominated by Overflow Campus Organization. Jon has been apart of Campus Recreation and is very involved at UNCW. When asked why he should win, Jon replied, “UNCW has given a lot to me so I’m trying to give back.”

Earl J Green III

Earl Green is a Junior majoring in Business Administration. He was nominated by Phi Beta Sigma. Earl loves positivity and says you can’t catch him mad. He told Seahawk reporters his motto was, “Be lit with passion,” and good attitudes are contagious.

Alexander Hoffman

Xander Hoffman is a Senior majoring in Chemistry. He was nominated by the Student Ambassadors. Xander believes he has true love for all students and wants to represent UNCW.

Casey Milton

Casey Milton is a Senior majoring in Business Administration. He was nominated by the UNCW Quidditch Sports Club. Casey had three reasons you should vote him Homecoming King:
  1. He is the only candidate with a MarioCart world record.
  2. Casey was in the Army for four years and toured five different countries.
  3. He was on a championship quidditch team.

Cole Tillett

Cole Tillett is a Junior majoring in Business Administration. He was nominated by the Student Government Association. Cole is the student body president at UNCW and loves the campus. He loves every second of being involved and wants to serve as an inspiration to future and current students.