Cancellations caused by Hurricane Hermine

Elizabeth Heglar | Lifestyles Editor

With the arrival of Hurricane Hermine comes inclement weather. Throughout the weekend we here at The Seahawk will do our best to keep readers updated on cancelled or postponed events around the Wilmington area due to these conditions. The following events have been cancelled or rescheduled:

• ACE Presents: Keanu: Has been cancelled, the showings were planned for Friday, Sept. 2. 
  • All Campus Life Facilities: Will be closed by 5pm on Friday, Sept. 2. This includes the Student Center, Union, Warwick, Burney and the Student Recreation Center. 
  • Campus Dining and Randall Library: Will close at 6pm on Friday Sept. 2.
  • Moores Creek National Battlefield: Will be close Friday, Sept. 2 and will have a delayed entry on Saturday, Sept. 3.
  • Surf City’s Summer Movies in the Park: Has been cancelled, the showing was planned for Friday, Sept. 2.
  • Carolina Beach Fireworks and Music: Postponed until Saturday, Sept 3. The band will go on at 6:30pm and the fireworks will start at 9pm.
  • The Children’s Museums Jammie Jam: Has been cancelled, the showing was planned for Friday, Sept. 2. 
  • The Oak Island Art’s Guild Craft Festival: Has been moved to Sunday, Sept. 4 from 9am to 4pm.
  • Fort Fisher State Historic Site: Will be closed Friday Sept. 2 and Saturday Sept. 3. It is expected to reopen on Sunday Sept. 4 at noon. 
  • Monkey Junction’s Summer Concert Series: Has been cancelled, the showing was planned for Friday, Sept. 2. 
  • Brunswick Riverwalk at Belville: Closing at 3pm on Friday Sept. 2.