Early voting locations in Wilmington, N.C.

Casey McAnarney and Malia Benison

Though election day is not for another few weeks, early voting is underway in North Carolina, and the city of Wilmington has offered a few locations that are open for early voters to visit starting Oct. 20 until Nov. 5.

Early voting shuttles will be offered on campus for UNC Wilmington students to utilize so they can reach off-campus voting locations. UNCW Votes and the Student Government Association will be tabling with information and directions for shuttle opportunities on Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday, Oct. 28 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Shuttles for early voting will run from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday every week of early voting. The shuttles will also run every Friday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. until Nov. 5.

Tabling and shuttles will be located in between the Burney Center and Hawks Nest at the Seahawk Station circle. Students will be taken directly to the Government Center to vote and will be provided transportation back to campus afterwards.

If these times do not fit students’ schedules, the standard Teal shuttle that runs from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. makes a stop at the Government Center on one of its routes.

The list of early voting locations are as follows:

• Government Center- 230 Government Center Dr., Suite 34.
  • CFCC Health sciences Building- 415 N. Second St.
  • Northeast Regional Library- 1241 Military Cutoff Rd.
  • Senior Resource Center- 2222 S. College Rd.
  • Carolina Beach Town Hall- 1121 N. Lake Park Blvd.

According to the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement, 19.9 percent of people in the 18 to 29-year-old age group casted ballots in the 2014 election. This is a drop from CIRCLE’s 2012 Youth Vote data, which stated that 45 percent of this age demographic casted votes in the general election.

If early voting does not work for you, there will be polling places on the general election day, Nov. 8. Visit the New Hanover County Board of Elections to see where you can vote based on where you are registered.